Thursday, October 26, 2017

Printmaking

Printmaking. The last art class I took in college, but one of my absolute favorites.

In my very first year of teaching, I taught the intro students how to do collagraph printmaking out of found materials. They turned out... interesting. It looks like modern or contemporary art I suppose.



The second year we explored block printing with linoleum stamps. This was a huge improvement. Here are a few products with the students' own designs. This was such a silly class. They turned out pretty nice, and some of the extra prints even appeared all around the school for months after the project was complete.

 Alex                      Josie                     Ashton

This third time around, I wanted the project to be more about the process and technique and not so much about taking time to create their own design. They explored watercolor techniques for the backgrounds and looked up pop culture images to copy from for the carved print. The project went even smoother this time.








They look great on the corner wall leading out the school doors!



No comments:

Post a Comment