Thursday, October 26, 2017

Scratchboard Art

When I was in high school we had an assignment to create art from scratchboard. I've only ever done it the one time. I thought it would be fun to introduce it to the intro class this year while learning about line and texture quality.

This is my own project from high school. It was based off an image of my pug/chihuahua dog. I'll be honest, I have no idea how I accomplished this back then. It's amazing to me. 




I think I ordered some poor quality scratchboard for my class this year because it was actually quite difficult for the students to scratch and work with. We couldn't use the wooden sticks provided so we used paper clips. It worked for the most part. 

Here are some fun works of art produced from the ERATS intro class. I love when their little practice piece matches their larger one. 

Alyssa's beautifully textured rose. 

Alayna's majestic eagle.


John's very textured face icon.

Wyatt's whimsical dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment